As one of the first developments in the urban regeneration of the Wynyard Quarter, ASB Bank’s new corporate headquarters command a gateway position on Auckland’s North Wharf. Jasmax worked in association with BVN Donovan Hill to deliver this commercial project. The client’s key drivers were to create a workplace that sets new standards of sustainable design that hold occupant satisfaction, internal environmental quality, energy performance and amenity at its core.
The building design consists of two blocks, joined by a multi-storey glazed link. Fifteen themed open plan workspaces replace the traditional office and cubicle forms associated with banking institutions.
Activity Based Working allows occupants the freedom to locate and use workspaces that suit current needs; leading to a more collaborative and sociable environment, that works ultimately to cultivate innovation.
The client’s commitment to the integration of sustainable design has resulted in the completed building achieving a NZGBC 5 star Green Star Rating for Office Design. The outer façades, characterised by elements of the pohutukawa, efficiently provide 65% shading to the interior; allowing for controlled internal shading whilst maximising views over the harbour.
A sophisticated natural ventilation (fresh air displacement) system integrated into the building’s funnel and cube design, notifies occupants when external conditions are favourable to open windows, and a light-reflector installed in the funnel directs natural sunlight into the central atria of the building.
- 2014 Property Council NZ Supreme Award Winner
- 2014 Property Council NZ Commercial Office Property Award, Best in Category
- 2014 Property Council NZ Green Building Property Award, Green Building Property Award
- 2014 NZIA New Zealand Architecture Medal
- 2014 NZIA National Awards - Commercial Architecture, Interior Architecture and Sustainability
- 2014 NZ Commercial Project Awards - Gold - Commercial and Civic
- 2013 NZIA Auckland Architecture Award - Sustainability